Dry Needling Therapy is a manual technique that is used to treat myofascial pain and eliminate trigger points from muscles.
The key to being painfree
Are you suffering from:
- Upper and lower back pain / sciatica
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Headaches and head pain, including TMJD
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tendonitis and frozen shoulder
- Pre and post-operative treatment for joint replacements
- Sports injuries
- Pain and disfunction associated with conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative discs, hypermobility etc.
Myofascial Trigger Points:
Most peoples’ pain related symptoms are caused by myofascial trigger points. These trigger points cause pain, tingling, burning, weakness and other symptoms and have a special property called referred pain, which means they cause pain where they are and in other areas.
What’s the solution?
Trigger Point Dry Needling: a manual technique that is used to treat myofascial pain and eliminate trigger points from muscles. It is the best way to completely remove these painful points and the results are often more permanent than other manual trigger point therapies.
How does it work?
Prior to insertion, the trigger point is located by palpating the muscle. Once the needle is inserted into the trigger point, the muscle “twitches”. Sometimes these so-called local twitches may be mildly uncomfortable but it is a sign that that trigger point has been eliminated. It is an essential part of dry needling and the first step in breaking the pain cycle.